Timothy Benton | Feb 10, 2019 | 0
500 Days Later: Is The Trump Presidency A Success So Far?
We have seen the press, the 24-hour attack against Trump, this has gone on none stop for 500 days now, with all of this, has Trump Accomplished anything? Listening to the press, you would think our economy is failing; the job outlook is failing, our relationship with foreign leaders are at an all-time low, our foreign relations are at an all-time low.; but are any of these accusations true?
When Trump was running for office, he made many promises, promises we have seen fought against, many claims they are failing, the very public attempt to overturn Obamacare’s failure, and the inability to move Congress due to the democrat’s obstruction.
So what did Trump promise us, that is the best place to start, we see every president since the first come in with promises of what they will accomplish, some accomplish very little, some almost nothing, and a few have exceeded expectations. To start this let’s look at what he promised and what has been done in his first 500 days.
- Build a wall along the southern border. Trump has found this very frustrating, learned quickly that while he may make promises, when you have no only the liberal representatives refusing to vote for anything that would look favorable for him, you also have so-called GOP obstructionist, like John McCain that is doing the same. What is worse, the majority of Americans want a wall, turns out the ones we voted for don’t; they have chosen to ignore our will, maybe it is time to rid ourselves of the ones doing this and bring new representatives that will.
- Make Mexico pay for the wall. We have heard of this; Trump has said Mexico will pay for the wall, Mexico says it is over their dead body. In fact, to fight this, Mexico is now aiding illegals coming into this nation to spite Trump. Maybe it is time to call Mexico what it is, no friend of America, cut off 100% of aid, tear up any trade agreement in 6 months if this is not corrected, sees how long it then will take them to shape up. If they still don’t, then put a 10 to 15% tax on all money being wired from the US to Mexico, since this is the largest revenue creator in Mexico, I promise they will shape up in a hurry.
- “If I become president, we’re all going to be saying ‘Merry Christmas’ again.” They say a picture can say a 1,000 words, how about we let this one do that:
- Get rid of Common Core: Trump’s big move here was to take power away from the federal government and send it back to the states. He has been doing a great job of working on this, but like much, it will take time to undo the control that had been set up for the last decade.
- The Environmental Protection Agency needs to have its power tapped down. This is something he has done, the overreaching and stifling regulations that Obama and other Democratic administrations had put in place, Trump has streamlined this, taken out regulations that were harming the economy with little or no benefit to the economy.
- Get rid of Obamacare and replace it. This has so far been completely blocked by the Democrats and the obstructionist on Capitol Hill, the faux Republicans, many like Flake are going, we need to help speed this up and vote the others out in primaries and replace them with someone that will do what we voted for. The good news, this is once more up for a vote, with obstructionist like McCain not able to vote, this may go through this time.
- Knock down the regulatory walls between states for health insurance. This like Obamacare has also faced major fights with the obstructionist in the GOP and their comrades in arms, the Democrats.
- Rebuild the country’s aging infrastructure. This is something that needs more work, but it is being worked on now. Sadly while there has been work done, the press, like most of the other good things Trump is doing refuses to report on. Trump has been asking for 1 Trillion to get this started, something the people on Capital hill love to speak about, but refuse to act on. Once more we see who are the true obstructionist for getting things done, the loss of road access, failing bridges is becoming a danger to the movement of goods in this nation, this needs more than lip service.
- Save Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security without cutting benefits. There is an easy way to do this, it depends on if we can get the federal government to pay back their IOU’s to the general fund, if they did this, we would have the money in the fund to handle the baby boomers and then will grow back to cover the little loose in the funds as the next generation takes overpaying into the fund. But there is a huge problem here, the SSI fund is a fraud, it is supposed to have $2.7 trillion in it right now, yet if the government shuts down, no one gets paid, if there was money in the fund, and the government shut down, that should have no bearing on if people get paid or not. This charade needs to stop, we need to demand that the US government pick up the $2.7 trillion in debt and reimburse the empty SSI fund, it is not like we are adding much to the already bloated deficit, and keep this program funded, after all the government took our money, does not give them the right to steal it.
- Defund Planned Parenthood. This you can put 100% on the Senate Democrats and the GOP, they are the ones that allowed the budget to pass with not only a ton of pork, but they also increased funding to Planned Parenthood. It turns out the congressional and Senate GOP members are lying, the majority are no different than the DNC, as I have said before, time to get rid of all of them. Our Congress had the bill that would have cut off spending on this organization; the GOP leadership refuses to invoke the Nuclear option, so they instead cave into DNC demands, thus giving the house no choice but to do it too. In the end, Trump had to sign the bill, our military was in desperate need of the funds, but doubt he will do so again.
- Will fight Radical Islamic Terrorist. Unlike the last administration, Trump did not go on an apology tour to the Muslim world, worked with them instead, called things as they were, and the Arabs decided to work with us. Trump is good at speaking to the truth with the radical Islamist, something that drives the left crazy, they think we should appease these terrorists.
- Temporarily ban most foreign Muslims from entering the United States “until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on.” This Trump has done, in spite of the total backlash against it, not to mention leftist activist judges, once more he did what he said he would.
- Prosecute Hillary Clinton. Have to say we are still waiting on this, but looks like some cases are being reinvestigated that may get this done before Trump is done with his first term.
- Make medical marijuana widely available to patients, and allow states to decide if they want to fully legalize pot or not. There seems to a be a conflict here, Trump has never said he has any intent not to do this, but Sessions has said and moved to stifle this. Once more we see the reason why Trump would do America justice by removing Sessions. Of all the cabinet positions filled, his has been the most disappointing.
- Prioritize space spending. Instead of pumping trillions into NASA for programs that are then canceled by the next administration, look more to funding private adventures, have NASA as more in charge of coordinating the different private space companies and working on the big-budget programs, such as catching an asteroid, that is outside of the reach a private firm can do. I think this is the best way to go; private businesses can bring tech breakthroughs quicker to the general public, also, as they experience growth, this will encourage R&D investments outside the wasteful structures of the government.
- Fill Vacant Supreme Court and federal seats with justices that are constitutionalist. I would say he did a fine job on this by placing Justice Gorsuch on the bench, then has gone on to fill to fill record numbers of federal seats, thus starting to undo the moves by Obama who filled the courts with activist judges.
- Strengthen the military. While the budget passed by Congress was terrible, it did the one thing this nation was in desperate need of, money for the military. This is enabling the US to not only go forward on building projects, but more important restock our depots with spare parts. This was touched on with THE DESTRUCTION OF THE GREAT AMERICAN MILITARY.
But this is not all, there is so much more that has been done, but please, don’t ever expect the press to be honest on this.
Since taking office, President Trump has strengthened American leadership, security, prosperity, and accountability.
Here is a list of more that he has done in his first 500 days, sadly you will not find this on CNN, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, sure not the New York Times, you have to go to the White House to find this. In spite of all the opposition from the DNC and even members of his party, Trump has also done all of this:
- AMERICA’S ECONOMY IS STRONGER: The American economy is stronger today, and American workers are better off thanks to President Trump’s pro-growth agenda.
- Nearly 3 million jobs have been created since President Trump took office.
- 304,000 manufacturing jobs have been created since President Trump took office, and manufacturing employment stands at its highest level since December 2008.
- 337,000 construction jobs have been created since President Trump took office, and construction employment stands at its highest level since June 2008.
- Under President Trump, the unemployment rate has dropped to 3.8, the lowest rate since April 2000, and job openings have reached 6.6 million, the highest level recorded.
- 67% of Americans believe now is a good time to find a quality job, according to Gallup.
- Only under President Trump has more than 50 percent of Americans believed it is a good time to find a quality job since Gallup began asking the question 17 years ago.
- President Trump prioritized job training and workforce development to empower workers to seize more opportunities, signing an Executive Order to expand apprenticeship opportunities.
- President Trump has restored confidence in the American economy, with confidence among both consumers and businesses reaching historic highs.
- Consumer confidence in current conditions has reached a 17-year high, according to the Conference Board.
- Optimism among manufacturers has hit record highs under President Trump, according to the National Association of Manufacturers.
- Small business optimism has sustained record-high levels under President Trump according to the National Federation of Independent Business.]
- President Trump signed the historic Tax Cuts and Jobs Act into law, cutting taxes for
- American families and making American business more competitive.
- American families received $3.2 trillion in gross tax cuts and saw the child tax credit double.
- The top corporate tax rate was lowered from 35 percent to 21 percent so American businesses could be more competitive.
- President Trump has rolled back unnecessary job-killing regulations beyond expectations.
- In 2017, President Trump far exceeded his promise to eliminate regulations at a two-to-one ratio, issuing 22 deregulatory actions for every new regulatory action.
- The Administration rolled back rules and regulations harming farmers and energy producers, such as the Waters of the United States Rule and the Clean Power Plan.
- Regional and community banks and credit unions got relief after President Trump signed legislation reducing harmful requirements imposed by the Dodd-Frank Act.
- Since taking office, President Trump has advanced free, fair, and reciprocal trade deals that protect American workers, ending decades of destructive trade policies.
- Days after taking office, the President withdrew the United States from the Trans-Pacific Partnership negotiations and agreement.
- President Trump’s Administration is working to defend American intellectual property from China’s unfair practices through a range of actions.
- The President improved the KORUS trade agreement with the Republic of Korea, which will allow more U.S. automobile exports to South Korea with lower tariffs and increase U.S. pharmaceutical access to South Korea.
- American agriculture has gained access to new markets under President Trump.
- AMERICA IS WINNING ON THE WORLD STAGE: President Trump has re-asserted American leadership on the world stage and is achieving results for the American people.
- President Trump followed through on his promise to move the U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.
- President Trump ordered an end to United States participation in the horrible Iran deal and immediately began the process of re-imposing sanctions that had been lifted or waived.
- The President has taken action to confront aggression by Iran and its proxies.
- The Department of the Treasury has issued a range of sanctions targeting Iranian activities and entities, including the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps-Qods Force.
- Under President Trump, the United States has led an unprecedented global campaign to achieve the peaceful denuclearization of the Korean peninsula.
- President Trump’s leadership has contributed to the return of 17 Americans held overseas.
In May 2018 alone, Venezuela released one American, and North Korea released three Americans who came home to the United States.
- The President has secured historic increases in defense funding to rebuild our Nation’s military with the resources they need, after years of a harmful sequester.
- President Trump signed legislation to provide $700 billion in defense spending for fiscal year (FY) 2018 and $716 billion for FY 2019.
- The United States has worked with international allies to decimate ISIS.
- President Trump ordered strikes against Syria in response to the regime’s use of chemical weapons in April 2017 and April 2018.
- The Trump Administration has imposed a range of sanctions on the Maduro dictatorship in Venezuela, including sanctions targeting Maduro and other senior government officials.
- AMERICA’S COMMUNITIES ARE SAFER AND MORE SECURE: President Trump has worked to secure our borders, enforce our immigration laws, and protect the safety and security of American communities.
- Despite limited resources and obstruction from Congress, President Trump has worked to take control of our border and enforce our immigration laws.
- President Trump has called on Congress to provide the resources needed to secure our borders and close loopholes that prevent immigration laws from being fully enforced.
- President Trump authorized the deployment of the National Guard to help secure our borders.
- President Trump’s Administration has carried out immigration enforcement efforts based on the rule of law.
- From the start of President Trump’s Administration to the end of FY 2017, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) made 110,568 arrests of illegal aliens.
- Arrests made in this timeframe represented a 42 percent increase from the same timeframe in FY 2016.
- Of the 110,568 arrests made, 92 percent had a criminal conviction, pending criminal charge, were an ICE fugitive, or had a reinstated final order of removal.
- President Trump has made clear that his Administration will continue to combat the threat of MS-13 to protect communities from the horrendous violence the gang has spread.
- In 2017, the Department of Justice worked with partners in Central America to file criminal charges against more than 4,000 members of MS-13.
- The Trump Administration has cracked down on the import and distribution of illegal drugs to stop them from reaching our communities and causing even more devastation.
- As of April 2018, U.S. Border Patrol has seized 284 pounds of fentanyl in FY 2018, already surpassing the total of 181 pounds seized in FY 2017.
- The President has launched a nationwide effort to fight the opioid crisis, which has devastated communities across America.
- The President’s Opioid Initiative seeks to reduce drug demand, cut off the flow of illicit drugs, and save lives by expanding treatment opportunities.
- President Trump signed an omnibus spending bill which provides nearly $4 billion to address the opioid epidemic.
- The bill included $1 billion for grants focused on the hardest hit States and Tribes and provided funding for a public-private research partnership on pain and addiction.
- AMERICA’S GOVERNMENT IS MORE ACCOUNTABLE: Since taking office, President Trump has worked to ensure the government is more accountable to the American people.
- President Trump has confirmed the most circuit court judges of any President in their first year and secured Justice Neil Gorsuch’s confirmation to the United States Supreme Court.
- President Trump has signed legislation to bring more accountability to the Department of Veterans Affairs and provide our veterans with more choice in the care they receive.
- President Trump signed the Department of Veterans Affairs Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act of 2017, improving processes for addressing misconduct.
- President Trump signed the VA Choice and Quality Employment Act into law, authorizing $2.1 billion in additional funds for the Veterans Choice Program.
- President Trump successfully eliminated the penalty for Obamacare’s burdensome individual mandate.
- The President’s Administration is seeking to provide more affordable health coverage and broader access to affordable alternatives to Obamacare plans.
- President Trump has released a blueprint to lower drug prices for Americans.
- President Trump has ensured that the religious liberties and conscience of Americans are protected and respected by the Federal government.
- President Trump signed an Executive Order to protect the free speech and religious liberties of groups such as the Little Sisters of the Poor.
- The Department of Justice issued guidance to all executive agencies on protecting religious liberty in federal programs.
The only thing I can say, is with all this winning, I can’t stand it, after 24 years of none stop losing, being attacked, told we are terrible for being Americans, and hearing the idiocy of “White Privilege” from the left, I am in love with my privilege, not the white privilege fiction, rather the real stuff, our American privilege. What we face is an increasingly desperate DNC that is willing to sacrifice this all to bring back disdain for our nation being great, poverty, more people on the government’s role. This nation is at a crossroad, one path brings us on towards greatness once more, the other back to stagnant growth, nations no longer respect us, and our military is more and more weakened from within, surely not what we have been experiencing we have been experiencing under Trump.
It is safe to say that Trump set about breaking records, kicking butts and taking names in his first 500 days, one can only imagine what he will do over the next 2041 days!