Timothy Benton | Jan 9, 2019 | 0
Left Goes Into A Frenzy Over Nothing With Cohen Conviction
We have heard now the breathless commentators, eyes wide with anticipation, “Trump is going down!” They joyfully pronounce to the world, their excitment palpitable, but after watching you think, “Where did I hear this before?” Then it downs on you, you have heard these same proclomations over and over again since Trump took office, the excitement of thinking they have something on him, then the dejection when they find they don’t, then on to the next thing to try to bring him down.
We have heard since Mueller was brought in, everthing that happens, Trump somehow is going to be finished this time, Cohen in his plea implicated Trump, but did he, does another’s plea in any way implicate another? Not in any court of law in this nation, everyone stands on their own guilt or innocence, not on anothers, and this is no different. What we really have is the left, and their chearleaders, the liberal press, thinking they finally have the goods to rid themselves of what they see as a collossal mistake, but once more, as usual, they are wrong.
Before I start this, why not look at the cases the special prosecutors office have brought forward, see how many of these cases with people around Trump support the collussion claim we hear so much about.
- George Papadopoulos, former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser, was arrested in July 2017 and pleaded guilty last October to making false statements to the FBI. He got a 14-day sentence.
- Paul Manafort, Trump’s former campaign chair, was indicted on a total of 25 different counts by Mueller’s team, related mainly to his past work for Ukrainian politicians and his finances. He had two trials scheduled, and the first ended in a conviction on eight counts of financial crimes. To avert the second trial, Manafort struck a plea deal with Mueller in September 2018 (though Mueller’s team said in November that he breached that agreement by lying to them).
- Rick Gates, a former Trump campaign aide and Manafort’s longtime junior business partner, was indicted on similar charges to Manafort. But in February he agreed to a plea deal with Mueller’s team, pleading guilty to just one false statements charge and one conspiracy charge.
- Michael Flynn, Trump’s former national security adviser, pleaded guilty last December to making false statements to the FBI.
- (5 -20) 13 Russian nationals and three Russian companies were indicted on conspiracy charges, with some also being accused of identity theft. The charges related to a Russian propaganda effort designed to interfere with the 2016 campaign. The companies involved are the Internet Research Agency, often described as a “Russian troll farm,” and two other companies that helped finance it. The Russian nationals indicted include 12 of the agency’s employees and its alleged financier, Yevgeny Prigozhin.
- (21)Richard Pinedo: This California man pleaded guilty to an identity theft charge in connection with the Russian indictments, and has agreed to cooperate with Mueller. He was sentenced to 6 months in prison and 6 months of home detention in October.
- (22) Alex van der Zwaan: This London lawyer pleaded guilty to making false statements to the FBI about his contacts with Rick Gates and another unnamed person based in Ukraine. He was sentenced to 30 days in jail and has completed his sentence.
- (23) Konstantin Kilimnik: This longtime business associate of Manafort and Gates, who’s currently based in Russia, was charged alongside Manafort with attempting to obstruct justice by tampering with witnesses in Manafort’s pending case this year.
- (24 – 35) 12 Russian GRU officers: These officers of Russia’s military intelligence service were charged with crimes related to the hacking and leaking of leading Democrats’ emails in 2016.
- (36) Michael Cohen: In August, Trump’s former lawyer pleaded guilty to 8 counts — tax and bank charges, related to his finances and taxi business, and campaign finance violations — related to hush money payments to women who alleged affairs with Donald Trump, as part of a separate investigation in New York (that Mueller had handed off). But in November, he made a plea deal with Mueller too, for lying to Congress about efforts to build a Trump Tower in Moscow.
So what do we have here? So far lying to the FBI or the special prosecutors team, then charges that have nothing whatsoever to do with the election, other then a few token Russians that stand zero chance of ever coming to face trial, what they in reality are is a visual to support this one pony show, if Mueller did not indict anyone, then we would correctly call this whole investigation a witchhunt and a sham.
This has not tampered down the left’s reaction, you have on the news this morning, as well as yesterday, “Help wanted: Trump needs new Cheif of Staff for ‘the worst of times‘” by NBC News, Washington Post’s “It’s not just the number of Trump-Russia contacts, It’s the timing.” And from CNN, they breathlessly tell us, “Trump concerned about being impeached, sees it as a ‘real possibility,’ source says.” We are now being once more drawn into the world of secret sources, like the ones they gave before panned out so well, but the news matters not to these talking heads, as the song states, “We want dirty laundry!”
As we have witnessed time after time, a crime does not matter, all they want is a perception of one, that is good enough for them and the Democrats in Congress, that alone will be enough to drive them to have impeachment hearings. But will it pass through the Senate? Not if one of those GOP Senators want to be voted for again, but not sure if that matters, for some of them their hatred is stronger then their reason.
We see another move by the loony left for all to see, at this point I am past being suprised, the only thing I enjoy is watching them show time after time how petty and out of touch they are.
We are a company that at this time due to Google now devaluing our advertising making much less then we are pulling in a month in income, as with all things, there are costs that come with this. We are also under non-stop attack from the likes of Facebook, Google has cut off our ability to post news articles, so has Yahoo, but we will never allow them to silence us, we are now looking for alternate venues. Until then we are also looking at opening up a podcast to reach more people, but need your help to continue. In addition, we are as of now with a team creating a new social network site, if FB and Twitter are going to censor, we will set up our own site that others can access which will allow all political ideals to be published so long as they are not advocating breaking the law. If this is something you think is important, please help us as we head into the holidays.